Friday, April 18, 2008

Ari's Amazing Day Yesterday

Ari is learning things so fast lately that we are hard pressed to keep up.  I am not good at pulling out my video camera so instead, I am going to start blogging some of her cuter or more amazing moments so that her family can read them and she can read about it when she is older.  :)

Yesterday, was full of such moments so I will just make it a bullet point type of list.  Hehe...

1.  My Mom (a.k.a. Safta, which is grandma in Hebrew) recently bought Ari some underwear.  It isn't because she is potty trained, but more for her to enjoy and also to help keep droopy diapers held up better without wearing a onesie.  Ari loves them!  So I'm changing her yesterday and she wants me to put her underwear on her and I do.  Afterwards, she stands up and says, "underwear.  present. thank you Safta!"  (She actually said someone else's name, because my mom's friend had gotten her presents from the same place and given it to her on the same day as my mom and she mistook who gave the underwear to her.)  She got the presents like 4 or 5 days ago.  I was impressed she remembered they were a present and even more moved by her still thanking the person who gave it to her.  :)

2.  So, as a joke 2 days ago, while we are sitting at a restaurant next door to a starbuck's, my mom's friend points to the starbuck coffee sign and says to Ari, "What does this say?"  This is the perfect trigger for my little speller and so of course I have to now spell the words and then repeat them to her.  S-t-a-r-b-u-c-k-s Starbucks!  C-o-f-f-e-e Coffee!  Yesterday, we ate at a place that was across a wide parking lot from a Starbucks  and this same friend jokingly points across the parking lot asking Ari again, what does that say?  I tell her, look at the green letters honey.  She looks over and finds the green letters and sure enough says without faltering, "Coffee, Starkbucks Coffee."  LOL  We're starting her vices early!

3.  Also at this same lunch yesterday, as we are all eating and playing with Ari, with no prompting from anyone, Ari starts to say something that we are all scrambling to understand.  I ask her to repeat herself and struggle again.  One more time, honey.  Ari: "Uno, dos, tres, quatro,..."  Apparently, she has learned to count in Spanish from watching Dora.  Thanks Dora!

4.  As we are leaving lunch she starts saying Big 5, Little 5.  I figure she is seeing some sign that has a big 5 on it and a little 5 on it.  I look around and find that what she is really doing is reading from the store sign.  "Big 5 Sporting Goods"  She was reading Big 5 and then supplying the little 5 since so many of her books work in opposites.  Hehe...

5.  Lastly, we went to a park in the afternoon and a little girl about her age came up to her and said "Hi."  Ari replied, "Hi!  What's your name?"  That had me in stitches.  She gets it from one of her Signing Time DVDs that is all about meeting new friends.  

Man, they pick up so much!

1 comment:

Tonya Staab said...

Wow, such a smart little girl. Well done Ari.