Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Addendum to Terrific Twos

So... my Mom lives just up the street from us and on some mornings, she will take Ari for an hour or so to let me take care of the house or what-have-you. My husband will walk her up there, they say their goodbyes, and he comes back to get his laptop and goes off to work. I should also mention that usually my daughter will just say and want "a hug and a kiss." Lately, though, she has been really into spelling things. She asks us to spell all sorts of random things and we feel like we are a walking spelling bee.

So... my husband comes back today and tells me how it went.

Ari: Spell erough. 
Hubby: Erough?" 
Ari: NO! Spell erough!
Hubby: Enough?
Ari, now pouting: Spell Erough!
Hubby: I'm sorry honey I don't understand.
After about 5 minutes as Ari is getting more and more upset by his total lack of understand...
Hubby: I love?
Ari: YES!
Hubby: I-L-O-V-E, I love.
Ari: Spell you!

It brought tears to my eyes! They can be so amazing and sweet!

1 comment:

Jenny Westwood said...

That is so sweet! I can hear her saying it too. She is such a bright and talented young lady. I think I will cry the day Gavin says I love you to me.