Saturday, September 13, 2008

Safta Leah Turns 80

We had a party for my Grandma's 80th while we were in Israel. Her birthday is truly the only reason to go to Israel in August! Otherwise, choose a cooler month. :) It was held in a party room of a restaurant and had a DJ along with a trumpet player. We were worried that Ari would freak out having so many new people wanting to hold/play with her all in one room along with loud music. What really happened? She befriended EVERYONE and danced all night! Following is a sampling of the pictures from the party. Of course, most include my little angel or my grandma. :) Love you Safta Leah! Happy 80th! Oh... And everyone got up to say some nice things about my Grandma. I thought I would include the shot of me nervously public speaking. I hate talking in front of people!! I get so nervous, my stomach does flips, my hands start getting a little shaky and I drone on and on. Luckily, this time, while I got very nervous, especially having to speak in front of everyone in Hebrew, I made sure to keep it short.. Whew!

4 comments:

danielle said...

Your grandma is one beautiful woman!!! Looks like Ari had lots of fun :)

Anonymous said...

What a great party! Everyone looks beautiful and happy. Worth facing the heat for, for sure. :)

Rhonda said...

She is so beautiful. How did she feel about having her likeness on the cake?

TUTU Monkey said...

How wonderful that you got to celebrate such a milestone 80!!
These are such important events to attend....keeps the family strong , share the love of a great woman...I am so happy you got to go!!