Monday, August 4, 2008

Be Back Soon

Every day I think... I will be able to find the time to post something fabulous tonight or at the very least post an update about Ari and every night I find my self so busy/tired/distracted that I just can't pull it all together. I appreciate all of my loyal readers checking in with me and I do promise I will be back to my writing and updates per usual very soon.

For now, I will leave you with a quickie.

My miscarriage: I know I posted that most web sites say to contact your doctor if you are bleeding for more than 2 weeks, but after about 2 1/2 weeks (I gave myself leeway) it dropped down to very light almost spotty bleeding and I thought... today will be the last day.. I'll wait until tomorrow to call the doc. This has gone on for an extra 2 weeks of me putting off having a medical intervention since it was so light. I think that I have finally turned that corner and can start planning for our future again.

Ari: Still reading up a storm. She's gotten sick again with a cold and so we have had to keep it low key for a few days which with Ari means high energy but stuck at home. So yesterday, after being totally stir crazy, we took her for her first nature hike and we all had a blast except that it got way to hot way to fast so we were only out walking about 45 mintutes. Still... she had a great time and we all got some fresh air and exercise. Ari has also discovered dressing up and here is one example of that:How cute is she? Neigh!!! She has also started getting super affectionate by giving out hugs. :) It's really cute.

One of her favorite books right now is a sing along as you turn the page book by Raffi named Baby Beluga. It was introduced to her in her music class and she has fallen in love with it ever since. Now, she actually tried to sing along which brings tears to my eyes its so cute.

My Mom and Dad watched Ari this weekend so we could go see X-Files. I thought it was okay. Definitely not my favorite, but if you like the show, it passes for a long episode. Last weekend, for the second time, I saw Mama Mia (I saw it the weekend before as well). I LOVE this movie and totally recommend it to anyone who likes Abba music. Even if you don't like Abba music but love theater and movies that just make you feel good, this is the one you want to see. The weekend before, it came in direct contrast for me, it was a movie full weekend, with Dark Knight, which I also thought was great, but definitely extremely dark.

Anyway, Ari has a new friend and some amazing pictures with this new friend, but I still need to confirm with the mom that I can post them. Hopefully, that will be the next post. That and another opinion piece soon. :)

Again, thanks for sticking this through with me. This wouldn't be nearly as much fun without knowing you'all were out there (even my lurkers)! Hehe...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an adorable kid! That outfit is great. As cute and smart as she is, it's no wonder you want to have more children. Best of luck as you continue.

my little buttercup said...

Hey I tracked you down in the blog world. Haven't seen you in forever. I am glad to see Ari is doing so well (Kaylee loves dress up too), and yet sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Looking forward to now following your blog.
Colleen Smith

Jenny Westwood said...

I was wondering what happened to you! It's good to hear your feeling back on track and that Ari is doing such a good job reading. Love the horse costume. I can't wait to get some cute halloween gear for Gavin. Miss you both!

Owl Chick said...

It's so interesting to see how light her hair is. I only remember it being dark!

Hugz from the Pac NW!

Michelle said...

Colleen... It's so great to see you! You'all left and I didn't have your email anymore. I was hoping we'd connect up eventually. :) I checked out your blog. Kaylee looks so much older and adorable!

Thanks for all the great comments ladies!

Michelle