Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Using the Potty!

My mom has been telling me that Ari is using the potty occasionally with her. Usually it is because she is in a bath and suddenly needs to pee and she has learned not to pee in the bath so it is easiest to put her on the potty and she will go real quick and back into the tub.

Well, today Ari was again hanging with Safta and my mom asked her, "Do you want to pee in the potty?" Ari yelled yes and ran up to her potty, apparently. She went potty, poured it in the toilet, and flushed just like a big girl. Of course, I just get to hear about it. *sigh*

So... tonight she had a bath, but when we first walked into the bathroom, she yelled out, "Need to potty before bath." So I pulled off her pants and diaper and she sat down and as mommy and daddy looked on, our little girl became a big girl. She peed in the potty. We were both there to witness it and it wasn't a fluke. Not only that, but she did it twice in one day.

I'm sure we have days/weeks until we are fully there for waking hours, but we are definitely on our potty way. :) I'm so proud!

What things have I done? Nothing really. We bought her potty a long time ago, maybe right around turning 1, and she used to like to sit on it like just a regular chair. Nothing more happened with it for a long time, though I often talked while changing her diaper about how if she didn't want to have her diaper changed anymore, she would need to learn to use the potty. A few months ago I bought her a DVD called Potty Power and she just loved it. She watched it multiple times at first, but still didn't really show interest. Lately she asked for it again and occasionally when I would ask if she wants to go potty, she would go sit down, but never pee. The rest of the story is above. Just kept asking, making it fun, and making it about her choosing to use the potty, and here we are on the way to potty trained. :)

2 comments:

TUTU Monkey said...

Yeah ARI!!!!!!

We have been having our moments too! It is fun to see her so proud of herself!!

Jenny Westwood said...

YAHOO! Congratulations on her using the potty more! It's nice when you get to see it yourself. For some reason Gavin seems to only be interested in the potty when he's with my MIL. Our little babies are growing up... *tear