Monday, June 23, 2008

A Sad Day

I had my first doctor visit today and it turns out that we have miscarried. Not in the official sense yet, but they can see there is no baby. I have so many feelings running through me right now. Sadness is the main one though. There is just no point in anger for me and I have no one or nothing to resent, so I'll just feel the sadness, let it be there with me until the actual miscarriage event takes place and then look forward to our next try at expanding our family. Thank you for sharing in my joy of this and my sadness within such a short time. It helps just writing about it because it solidifies the reality of it within me and that makes it easier to move forward.

I'll be back to blogging about other things soon.

UPDATE: I'm not sure if anyone else is interested, but this is the type of miscarriage we are experiencing and is apparently extremely common. My doctor was kind enough to share with us that he and his wife had 2 of these on there way to creating their family.
"
An empty sac is a condition where the gestational sac develops normally, while the embryonic part of the pregnancy is either absent or stops growing very early. Other terms for this condition are blighted ovum and anembryonic pregnancy." From Wikipedia

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Michali,
My heart goes for you.
I'm so sorry you have to go through this experience.
I know that next time will come and I know that the results will be better.
A big hug to you, John and arielle.
Hamon Neshikot!!!!
Sarai & Stephan

Michelle said...

Thank you Sarai. We will make it through and have something to celebrate the next time.
Neshikot

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing. It sounds like you're taking good care of yourself. *hugs*

TUTU Monkey said...

I am so sorry Michelle....it is always hard to find the right words...just know I am thinking of you..((hugs))

Owl Chick said...

I'm so sorry, Michelle! Hugs to you, John and Ari. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers!