Thursday, May 8, 2008

Ari's Language Leap

Ari has been speaking so much lately. The latest bought of not sleeping through the night has been punctuated with her unable to sleep so she cries and I go in to her, I do the normal check the pacifier, check for froggy, rub on the head and leave. When she really can't sleep, she cries again like she has been and now that she is in her big girl bed, I lay down next to her. As I lay there praying we both just fall asleep, Ari chats and chats and chats. I'm not really sure I remember to well what she was talking about, but it was pretty much anything. She was running the gambit. In between bits of conversation she would reach over and kindly pat my head. LOL Sweet but it also kept me from falling asleep. We see these times of bad sleep as her leaping forward in something. In the past it was practicing crawling, pulling up, walking, etc. Now it is sentence forming and understanding and describing concepts and the world around her.

The other day Daddy and Ari were playing with a plastic gardening claw that I had gotten her. It still had the tag attached by a plastic ring. She said, "Take it off." So I responded, "Okay, I'll go get the scissors." Ari said, "Mommy going to get scissors to cut it off." 8 Words! We couldn't believe it. Her longest sentence yet!

People who know Ari also know that since she was little she has been fascinated by letters and numbers and anything to do with them. The other day in the shower, she grabbed one of her shower crayons and wrote an H, an A, and a T. HAT! She has spelled her first word by herself! It was messy, obviously, but it was definitely HAT. I was so excited for her. She's been practicing for so long.

Okay... that is the Ari update for today. Next post is of the parenting style type. :)

1 comment:

Jenny Westwood said...

What a cute picture of Ari. That is so neat she said 8 words and wrote the word HAT!! I would be floored! She is obviously advanced beyond her age. It's nice to see some new pictures! Too bad we didn't take our cameras on Tuesday.