Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Going to the Holy Land

Just preparing everyone for a potential absence again.

We will be leaving on Sunday to go to Israel. We are going to see my family and friends there, but also to celebrate my Grandma's 80th birthday with her. I can't wait for everyone to see Ari because the last time she was there was when she was 15 months old (last year) and she has totally changed since then. Everyone is going to love how independent and sassy she is not to mention how adorable!

We plan on touring some of the time that we are there and hopefully, if I remember to pull out my camera, I will have some great touring as well as family shots. I'm not sure about the access I will have to my computer, so posting after Saturday will be hit and miss at best. I do get back a week later and will post then.

For now, my days are filled with last minute things I need to get done. I've even made a list a mile long of everything we need to pack so I don't forget anything. When I say a mile long, I'm not joking! Traveling with a little one for 14 hours to a foreign country for a week is just asking to have back pain through an airport. Oh well... that's what vacations are for... Right? Recuperation! We'll see if it turns out to work that way.

My brother and his wife flew over yesterday. They had a layover in Brussels and lo and behold, the people of Brussels who work in the airline industry decided to have a strike. The airline that they were on had to put them on a bus to Amsterdam and they caught a flight out of there. The bus ride was hours long and delayed them quite a bit. They finally did fly into Israel, but as it turns out, the airport there is a complete zoo. Apparently, there are planes coming in from Georgia (the country not the state) as people try to escape the war breaking out. It's just nice to know that they finally made it to the hotel and all was well with them.

Now I can only pray we don't have any adventures like them. We have a direct flight, so hopefully no surprises. I don't DO surprises. Hehe...

I'm off to bed to dream about lists and all the things I have forgotten.

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

Came by your blgo via Dana's at tutumonkey.blogspot.com

Hope all goes well with your travels. We too have always done a lot of travel with children...hubby from Switzerland.

Enjoy the time with family and good luck with your Georgian family!

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip! We're headed to Germany on Friday, so we will also be on long flights and touring. No extra "challenge" of bringing and active youngster though. :)

Michelle said...

Rhonda - Thanks for stopping by! :) I always love to meet new people. Thanks for the well wishes for our trip, I'm sure we will need it. My family is actually from Israel, my brother and SIL just ran into a bunch of the Georgian refugees when they were at the Israeli airport. I look forward to reading your own blog. I took a brief glance and love the pics of your family!

Anissa - You want to take her to Germany with you instead???? LOL Have a wonderful trip! We'll have to compare notes when we get back.

Jenny Westwood said...

Wow it sounds like an exciting trip. I hope you get there safely and quickly. When do you return home?

I can't wait to see the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Love your blog! I can't believe your leaving, for how long? Have a safe and happy trip. See you when you get back :)

TUTU Monkey said...

Have a wonderful trip...be safe and have a blast celebrating 80 years for Grandpa!!