Friday, July 11, 2008

Where in the world is Michelle?

Okay... so I've dropped off the face of the earth again and I appreciate everyone who has been checking in thinking, where'd she go? Here is a quick rundown and I'll try to post more over the weekend.

Since the last post, I had my in-laws come for a visit that went great except for the fact that Ari got sick and my miscarriage has finally arrived. Ari had what the doctor called the Adenovirus. Needless to say her fever spiked up to 104 one night and she ran around in a horrible mood grabbing at her throat and mouth. Poor baby was miserable!

Mommy had a slow lead up to the miscarriage on the other hand. (If this is TMI - too much information, please feel free to skip this paragraph, but since I mentioned we should talk about this more, this is another part of the process I wasn't quite clear on.) It started with spotting for a couple of days that were followed with very light period like bleeding and has progressed about 5 days later into painful, crampy, clotty bleeding. ICK! I know. Anyway... I'm hoping since I am in the painful stage, I will be done with this soon. Apparently, if you go more than two weeks, you need to see your doctor so I've got just under another week to go to be finished.

On top of all this, on Tuesday my in-laws left (COME BACK!) and John gets home from work with a cold that I also start to feel that night. We think Ari has gotten over her illness which we went to Urgent care for on Sunday and went to her doctor's as follow up on Monday and by Wednesday morning we were sure she was going to feel better except... she woke up with the same cold. *sigh* It's never fun when the whole family is sick. Thank God for all the help we had from my in-laws and from my parents. They are amazing!

Coming into this weekend, though, we are all starting to feel better from the cold and hopefully the miscarriage will start to sort itself out. I am happy that I waited for it, because experiencing all of this all at once would be really hard. I am not saying it is the only right choice, but the right one for me. Maybe over the next few months I'll be able to come back here with joyful baby new. Keep your fingers crossed for me. :)

One project I'll be posting about soon is our raised garden that my husband and his father worked on while he was here. It looks so great! There are two more to build and then plant, plant, plant. :) Can't wait!

Write more soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you guys were sick, but am glad you're all recovering from the nasty cold.

As for the ongoing miscarriage, I can see one benefit would be to truly allow time for the grieving process. At first I thought it would be better to "get it all over with," but my guess is that letting it happen as you have will be healthier long-term on the psychological level.

While I probably won't ever go through this myself (not planning to do the baby thing), I've still learned something that will be helpful to my life: it's okay to let things happen at their own pace.

*hugs*

Sonya said...

I wish I could reach out and HUG you!!! You are so strong to be going through all of this!!!

Kiss that Ari for us (even though we haven't met), I find it makes things all better when I kiss Tres! :)

Hope you are having a better weekend! Take Care!

Jenny Westwood said...

I am so glad you are all starting to feel better. I hope by next week you will all be healthy and starting fresh (so to speak).

You are so strong, I don't know if I could have dealt with all you went through and still seem to positive. It stinks how "when it rains, it pours." Talk to you soon!

Michelle said...

Thank you for all your warm thoughts!

Life definitely has its times of challenge, but somehow we always make it through. What strong and amazing creatures we all are! :)

*hugs*

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear you guys were so sick! ...and of course for all the grief you are going thru right now. My thoughts are with you!

I haven't peaked ahead for the garden post, but I'm excited for you guys! We have a container garden going ourselves and it's doing AMAZING! We have an eggplant and a cucumber so far, and the butternut squash is getting HUGE!