Thursday, June 12, 2008

This was going to be profound!

So tonights post was going to potentially be post-partum take 2 or maybe the 6 word biography that I was tagged with and need to get to writing or maybe something else fun and interesting. Instead I am sitting here wondering how my whole day could be ruined by a little green frog.

Ok... Ruined may be a bit melodramatic, but I think you will understand. Ari has had this little green frog with a blanket attached since she was like 7 or 8 months. They bonded very quickly and mommy rushed out to the store to buy a few more knowing the day would come that something would happen to one of them or one of them would need to get cleaned and there would be the need for a back up. Well.. I had kept two here at the house and had given my parents the third so Ari could occasionally sleep at their house.

Today started out almost like any other day except my 'rents have (skipped town to hang out with friends) taken a much needed vacation and also Ari hadn't gone to sleep the night before (because who needs sleep?) until 11:30 so she woke up at 8 when usually she is up between 7 and 7:30. The hubby played with her a little bit while I showered and got ready for the day. Ari and I went about our morning per usual. We went to soccer class where we got a medal (I'll post that picture tomorrow I hope) since it was the last day of the session. We then went to My Kids Clubhouse to play for a bit and then dragged ourselves out to go home and take a nap. Here is the place where it really went down hill. We get home and I have no clue what happened to Froggy (i.e. her little green friend). I put her in her room for fear that all the excitement of looking will entertain her enough to get her wired. I go looking around and around but no Froggy. I hear her start crying so I go up and she wants her pacifier. I give it to her and tell her I am still looking but I'll be back.

Luckily, she fell asleep as I ran up and down and all around looking for this little guy or even the back up guy will do. Not a green smiling face in the bunch. I looked in crayon boxes, legos boxes, in her playroom, in the bathrooms, in our bedroom, *pant* *pant* and I am sooo tired and hot I start getting really flustered until I realize that she indeed had fallen asleep. Whew! Now we just need to find one of two by tonight.

Well... Tonight came and tonight was no less frustrating. There are TWO of them. How can I not find at least ONE! I literally spent about an hour looking in every little container that she might have stuffed him into. I look in every cabinet in the kitchen. I run up and down and up and down the stairs like I'm training for a step-athalon. Where is FROGGY? I even ask my 2.5 yr old where she put him and she tries to show me where, but he isn't there. Guess she doesn't remember either.

Finally, I give up. I call my parents at 12:30 their time to find out where they have their Froggy. My mom gives me a description of where to find him and I send my adoring husband to find him. After searching where he was told, he calls and says there is no Froggy. I then call my mom back and now we are bordering 1AM. She doesn't pick up and between the time I hang up and she calls me back, Ari decides to try to take a flying leap off the couch head first. I narrowly grab her by her thighs as she is plummeting to certain pain when my mom calls back. Juggling a completely screaming, freaked out toddler, the phone, and the questions about what we need to do, I finally tell my mom to call her number and talk to John. Having calmed Ari down, my husband shows up and says, nope. He can't find THEIR Froggy either! *sigh* How can all three be missing? My husband thinks it is a sign from God that she is ready to give up her lovey. I think that is baloney, but hey... I don't see any problem with having a little friend.

When John arrived back I was already upstairs with her reading her books for bed and we switched. When it was time to lay down, she of course asked for Froggy. My husband told her that Froggy was doing okay, but for tonight could she please take care of Flamingo (because we all know pink flamingos and green frogs are really interchangeable.) LOL Anyway, she seemed to buy it and grabbed the flamingo. When he leaves her she starts yelling down that she wants a cup of milk so I bring it up to her. She drinks some and then again asks me for Froggy while trying to hand me the flamingo. I reiterate that Froggy is fine, but that Flamingo is lonely and could she please take care of him tonight. She seems hesitant at first, but then falls in with the plan. I also pointed out that she had a really big version of froggy on her bed too. (Which she does minus the blanket.)

To make this long story longer... She successfully has had a nap and is now sleeping without Froggy but I feel completely frustrated, tired, worn out, and perplexed as to where are the Froggies have gone! Have you seen our Froggies? Maybe I should post missing signs around our neighborhood. I can attach the picture from one of me earlier posts where she is sleeping with him.

Guess I have a quick trip to babies r us tomorrow to see if they still carry him. I honestly do not know what could have happened to him.

Weird and so lacking in anything profound or interesting!

1 comment:

Jenny Westwood said...

Hahah! I am sorry to laugh since I know how stressful the day was for you, but it's such a cute story at the same time. I hope Mr. Froggy is found or replaced easily enough. What a cute story to tell Ari when she gets older. Gavin isn't attached to anything but milk. He is constantly not wanting to eat his dinner and just keeps signing milk over and over again.